Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I hate ants

My poor Addy got viciously attacked by ants at the park last week. Her foot was so swoolen she didn't walk for an entire day. She had over 25 on one foot and just a few on the other. We went to walk in sand and she started shaking in fear saying "ant house, ant house."

Don't feel bad for killing fire ants, humans are their only predator. They are so wild it makes me think the ant scene in the last indiana jones movie is quite possible.

9 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

oh my gosh! that is awful! those bites are HUGE! scary because i think we have some of those ants in our backyard! time to call pest control!

Brit said...

Poor Addy! That was so sad. I seriously never knew ants like this existed till I moved to Texas. We need to hang out soon!

Red said...

ewwwwwwwww.......

Little Miss just got a climber in the backyard and this evening it was crawling with the little things. I knocked a bunch off, but wouldn't 20-month-old curiosity take over....

I'll think now I'll hose the thing down like mad every time we go outside....gross.

Mindy said...

Ah! Oh, my!! Her poor little foot! P.s. Love the disclaimer of why we shouldn't feel bad about ending their lives. I don't feel bad about ending any insect's life. P.s. Header at the top of the blog is FANTASTIC!!!! Love it!

Cory & Rebeca said...

Poor Addy! And I've been complaining about our ant problem.....when we moved in we found the norm black ants in our place and slowly they've been dying thanks to traps but I could only imagine fighting fireants! How is she doing now? Is she able to go back in the sand yet without being scared?

Alexis said...

Ouch, Kaden always wants to play with ants. I just showed him Addy's foot and hopefully he will be more careful! P.S. I love your header too!

Anna said...

Holy Hannah! Those are giant bites, poor little Addy! Were they just in the normal sand at the playground? That's crazy, Texas sounds like a big bad state with its ants and snapping turtles....and I'm a giant wuss. :)

BreAna said...

oh my that looks so sad. I hope she gets feeling better real soon.

Chelsey said...

AGHHH....THAT IS SO SAD! YUCK I HATE CREEPY CRAWLERS LET ALONE GET ATTACK BY THEM! HOPE SHE'S NOT AFRAID OF THE PARK NOW!