Saturday, November 15, 2008

The making of Addy's Birthday Cake


This year I wanted to make Addys birthday cake. I had a bunch of cake decorating stuff that I have never really used. Thanks to my friend Trecia, who let me borrow her skirt and flower cake pans and talked me through most of the process. Here we are clothing the naked barbie top. Addy was awed by everything about her birthday cake, which made it that much more fun to make.

I started with a dome cake. Frosted it and put little ruffle cake pieces and frosted it again.



Then I layed the fondant on top.


I added a bow to the back to cover up the crease where the fondant came together.Stuck the Barbie in the top.

Placed the barbie portion on the flower cake.


WhaLaa! Finished product about 4 hours later.
I am pretty proud in case you couldn't tell.


The Barbie Portion was supposed to be just for addy and the flower portion served all the guests of her party. But for some reason she just grabbed the cake pieces that we cut and I didn't really stop her.

Special thanks also to You Tube and expertvillage who taught me how to work with the fondant on a princess doll cake.

7 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow! You did such a good job! I am so impressed!

Brit said...

You are so freakin' talented! Such a fun party:)

Fabulous Fillmores said...

WOWZERS! Way to go! That cake is soooo cute! I love it! Poor Addy's little face at her b-day party. Love the family pictures they are so cute. Love your hair too!

Chris and Shae said...

Mrs.Talented! Move over Martha Stewart... Diana Jones is in "competition". What a fun and cute cake! You did such a good job!

Heather Ashcroft said...

That cake is amazing. Good Job! Happy Birthday to Addy!

Mindy said...

Shut-up!!! You are so domestic!! And such a good mama!!

Vanessa said...

That cake was so awesome! You did an awesome job! And it tasted good too! :)