I am so sad to say that they have discontinued my favorite drink of my entire life. Seriously not even kidding. I first remember drinking it back in 2nd grade. I remember making it for my friends because we had run out of hot chocolate and they spit it out. My college roommates all thought I was crazy because I had this drink almost every night. There are still a few bottles being sold on ebay for $45 and I heard that it peaked at $120. I only wish I had a years supply of food storage with postum in it. I will miss you postum cup. Thanks for keeping me warm on all those cold utah nights.

Warning...cheesy! Happy fathersday to all of you great fathers out there! I am so glad I have Caleb as a husband and father to Addy. You add so much to my life I wouldn't be the same without you. There are so many things I love about you and the list gets longer each day. I hope you had a wonderful weekend you truly deserve it.
9 comments:
What! No postum? I hadn't heard this. I couldn't drink it while I was pregnant and was looking forward to it this winter. Do you know why? How sad..I really learned to love that stuff after you introduced me!
I had heard this a while ago and was pretty bummed - I learned to love Postum while in Argentina.
So, when are we going to get together?
aww i love your 4th of July layout!
My Dad used to drink that all the time, he will be sad, I never really tried it though. Your blog is really cute, very patriotic!
I feel for you Di. I remember when Chili's dicontinued my favorite dessert, the High and Mighty Ice Cream Pie. It was very traumatic. I am sorry this happened. Please don't turn to coffee. It's not worth it. Be strong.
Hey this is Dan,
About the Postum. Have you ever tried Pero. I think it is a lot like postum. My dad drinks it every morning.
Oh, the postum! I thought for years that my Grammie drank coffee but it turned out to be postum. love the new layout! miss ya!
Di- I've been meaning to tell you I have two jars of it (I stalked up when I saw it here because one week something is here and the next it's gone) so if you ever need your postum fix you know where to find it!
Diana!!! Hi, it's Michelle Cesarini/Ficker. So I found your blog through Kara's and your little family is adorable. Then I read your Ode to Postum and I'm SO SAD!!!! I didn't know it is no longer being made. That's crazy, how could that happen? I love it. Anyway, it looks like your doing wonderfully and I'm so happy I found you here!
Post a Comment