Monday, August 25, 2008

Thankful for Brave People

We live in a nice, relatively safe neighborhood, but it definitely is no Utah. On Saturday we went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and get some videos from redbox. I was waiting in line for redbox and Caleb said he would go put the things and addy in the car while I finished picking out a movie. As I waited, a guy came running out of Wal-Mart with a gun and was tackled by two people about 10 feet behind me. One of the guys had the gunman in a headlock and the other grab his arms. While all this was going on people were scattering out as fast as they could, but I was stuck. I knew it was dangerous but I couldn't move and couldn't help but watch. One of the men pulled out hand cuffs out of his back pocket swiftly cuffed him and took him inside. He had to be either an undercover security man or an off guard police officer. Anyway, I am grateful nothing happened and for the people brave enough to do something to ensure the safety of the public.

Speaking of brave...Addy went to our church nursery all by her self for the 2 hours!! I have been working at this for months and couldn't be happier. It was so nice to enjoy Sunday school and Relief Society.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow scary...glad your ok! good job Addy...Ruger goes to the nursery in 2 weeks!!!

Anna said...

holy cow how scary!! i'm so glad nobody was hurt!

Crystal said...

OUR walmart??? Yikes, scary! It doesn't help my nerves that I go there like every other day! I'm so glad you are ok!!

Yay for Addy! That is a big milestone!

Mindy said...

Oh, my word!! Diana!!! That is so scarey!! AH! Move back to Utah! Immediately!! :)

Ryan and Brindi said...

HI!!!! i am so glad u found my blog! your daughter is sooo beautiful! i can't believe u have a child so big already! congratulations!