I lost a friend Tuesday. We had been good friends for seven years. Caleb liked her too and lately it seemed like he was a better friend to her than I. You never know when it will be your last goodbye. She was on the way home from a routine checkup when she passed. She was 21 years old and lived a good life, longer than most people expected. No one new what had went wrong, there was to much damage to tell. The only conclusion after the autopsy was that the sound device placed in her had crossed with the wiring to her brain and caused an overload that somehow shut her down. Many came to try and rescue her including the fire department, but it was too late. We made the decision to pull the plug and now we are down to just one car.

Yes the little BMW, or MOW (Metal On Wheels) as my sisters called it, will be missed.
On a lighter note we won't be saying goodbye to the great state of Texas. Caleb and I have decided to stay in Houston for a few more years. He got a new job with US Zinc and will start there August 4. We are excited to be staying and grateful for good friends constantly persuading us to stay. Well, it worked!
8 comments:
That sucks about your car, but now you can look for a new one. hehe. I am glad that you are happy in texas. That is what I need to find here in slc is good friends they all live so far away from me. Anyway Take care.
Sorry about your car, but congrats to Caleb on his new job. Now maybe you can have a new car!!!
haha I thought you were talking about a real person until I saw the pic!! Soory about your car. Congrats about the job...we got the text from Cabe the other night...too bad the new job isn't closer to family...
Oooohh I'm glad you are staying. I keep saying it - and then I don't do anything about it - but we need to get together. I've been in CAlifornia for a couple of weeks and won't be home until next week; I'll give you a call when I get back.
One car is rough...hopefully you won't have to go too long with just one!!
AND I am SO excited you are staying longer!! Yay!! That is such fun news for me. I love having you close! Good luck with the new job Caleb!
Congrats on the new job. Sad about the beamer. I loved that car. It gave me great rides to campus on cold 7am mornings. Hope you enjoy Texas a little longer. Sounds like a great place to me!
Wow that is awesome about the new job! We were hoping you'd move back someday but Texas does sound fun! I love the obituary of the car!
Haha! I was totallly believing that it was a PERSON!!!!!!! Haha!
Post a Comment